SIX WEEK COURSE
START YOUR OWN
It’s the golden age of audio.
Podcasts can be a fantastic asset to your business, or a source of information or enjoyment.
If you are a business owner, you know you have to connect with your customers and users, and that you need to build the ‘know, like, trust’ factor with your audience.
Maybe you’ve tried blogging, but you find writing a slog. You’ve heard video is powerful, but you’re just not comfortable on camera.
And social media is great, but it seems like such hard work when you’re fighting algorithms and every post has such a short shelf-life.
benefits of a podcast
You don’t need to be on camera, you don’t need to think about spelling or punctuation, and your content won’t disappear down the feed after a few days.
It’s a growth industry, it has many of the ‘know like trust’ benefits that video does, but without the need for backdrops and lighting and ‘do I look okay?’ worries.
Not only do podcasts quickly build the know, like and trust factor with ideal customers, they’re an excellent way to demonstrate your authority and expertise.
There are over 500 million active YouTube channels, and roughly the same number of active blogs, but less than 1 million active podcasts. It’s still early days of this growing platform and you have plenty of opportunity to stand out.
If you know a podcast is the right addition to your business content strategy, if you want to become an authority in your niche or if you have a hobby that you’d love to share with the world, this course is for you.
This course is for you, if
You are already a podcast fan and know it’s a good fit for your audience
You are looking to be known as an expert/authority, leverage your brand or build a body of work
You already know what you want your podcast to be about and you have a rough idea of your goals, topics, possible guests and general podcast concept
You have your podcast concept ready to go, or nearly there
You’re a quick learner and an action taker: there will be a lot to cover in the 6 weeks and we’ll be hitting the ground running
You are perhaps not “techie” but you are keen to learn new software, equipment and technology
You have 6 hours a week (on average) to devote to podcasting ongoing, after the course has finished
You understand that podcasting is a long term investment, will not deliver quick income or audience or traffic, and commit to taking a slow and steady and consistent approach
Ellen Ronalds Keene
Ellen is the founder and host of the Teacher Wellbeing podcast, and founder of Perk Digital, a media company that supports entrepreneurs who decide to start their own podcast and realise they need some help to make it real and successful.
With over 3 years experience in producing, editing, publishing and promoting podcasts, Ellen is passionate about effective storytelling and all things podcast.
This course is NOT for you…if
- You don’t have at least 8 hours of time to devote weekly to the course
- You don’t have at least 4-6 hours of time to devote weekly to your podcast ongoing (after the course)
- You don’t have a clear concept yet or are still figuring out what you might podcast about – we will be hitting the ground running with a lot of new skills and not a lot of time to make decisions or figure out your topics and direction. If you are keen on this course and you would like some extra support to be ready to start, book a consult with Ellen, otherwise keep working on your ideas and concept and join us next round
- You are not sure if podcasting is the right step for your business
- You are looking for a quick fix to your revenue or business validation problems
Starting a podcast is the best professional networking I have ever done.
- Information on steps to starting a podcast, including audio branding, podcast structure, topic ideas, vocal and interview technique, guest scheduling etc.
- Instruction on how to use the recording equipment at Canvas Coworking, and ways to record at home or on the road
- Instruction on how to edit podcasts using Adobe Audition or Audacity
- Instruction on how to set up and use a podcast hosting platform
- Instruction on how to submit to podcast distribution channels (e.g. Apple Podcasts, Spotify)
- Information on how to plan a podcast launch
- Complimentary access to The Pod (fair use) at Canvas Coworking for the duration of the course (subject to availability, bookings essential)
- Limited Coaching and Consulting on your podcast plan & concept (limited to the time we have in class – consulting is available with Ellen for an additional fee if required)
You will need
- A laptop (you can use a desktop for the actual podcast editing but you’ll miss out on the hands on tutoring in the classroom if you don’t have it with you)
- A MicroSD card (link of suggested ones)
- A podcast editing software (Audition or Audacity)
- A podcast hosting platform (Whooshkaa is recommended. Libsyn or OmnyStudio are alternatives. NOT Soundcloud, never Soundcloud!)
Time and Location
On Monday evenings from 6-8pm, although some weeks it may run overtime to finish an activity.
We regret that The Pod is located in a part of the building that is not wheelchair friendly. If this is an issue, please contact us.
First Podcaster | $499 Member* | $549 Non-Member
Co-Host | $249 Member* | $299 Non-Member
Price is per person and includes GST.
Payment is required prior to the commencement of the course.
* A Member is a current financial Community or Business member of Canvas Coworking Inc.
NEXT Podcast Course Commences in
Are you ready to take on the challenge?
Places are limited to ensure every participant receives the support they need.
Book today to secure your place and bring your podcast to reality!