- This event has passed.
Start Your Own New Business
July 16 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pm AEST
An event every week that begins at 9:30 am on Tuesday, repeating until July 16, 2019
Do you have an idea for a new business, but don’t know where to start?
Whether you are looking to start your business as a full time project, or as a side hustle to your day job, the ‘Start Your Own New Business’ workshop will guide you through the steps required to get started.
‘Start Your Own New Business’ is a lean start workshop that happens every Tuesday for 4 weeks. It is suitable for people who have an idea for a new business or have just started their own new business, and want to avoid the common pitfalls that many new business owners face.
The workshop encourages on developing the behaviours and skills required to succeed in business. Additionally, the sessions are designed to be interactive, inspirational and foster collaboration, as well as provide the opportunity to discuss methods of overcoming obstacles that are commonly faced when starting a new business.
Participants will focus on their own business idea and create an action plan to start their own new business goal.
Develop the skills and behaviours of new entrepreneurs
Validate new business ideas to encourage sustainability
Create a robust business action & implementation plan
Promote collaboration and a supportive network of entrepreneurs and mentors
Identify strategies to create a harmonious balance between business and family commitments
New Business Action Plan detailing tasks, objectives, time, responsibility & resources
Knowledge and understanding of the elements of operating a sustainable business
Strong cohort relationships
Network of role models and mentors for ongoing support and development
Improved time-management, organisational and life skills
When: 25th June, 2nd, 9th & 16th July from 9:30am to 2:30pm
Where: Canvas Coworking Inc. 1/625 Ruthven St, Toowoomba City QLD 4350
How much does it cost?
$297.00 inc gst for 4 days including workbook
Workshop session topics:
* Why start a business – understanding what you want to achieve by starting your own new business
* Reality Check – what is involved in starting, running and growing a business
* Tools & Resources – easy to use materials to help get started and avoid wasting time & money
* Finding your Tribe – getting to know your future customers
* Market research – learning who the competition is and how you are different
* Advocacy and Findability – who will talk about you and how do you get discovered
* Promotion and Awareness – more than just advertisements
* Branding and Presentation – how to stand out from the crowd
* Legal Considerations – protecting yourself and doing the right thing by your suppliers & customers
* Packaging and Distribution – getting the product to your customer in one piece, on time
* Systems and Processes – creating efficiencies, making sales and providing great customer service
* Handling Reviews, Repeat Customers and Referrals – building and maintaining relationships
* Payment Platforms – collecting money, currency exchange and issuing refunds
* Budgeting – understanding the flow of cash and how that impacts your ability to trade
* Bookkeeping – managing money, paying bills and taxes
* Communication and Promotion – how to clearly communicate why your business needs to exist
* Goals and Actions – creating a plan for how to start and grow your business
* Next steps – getting connected, tapping into supportive networks and staying on track
All new businesses are unique, so the size of the workshop is kept small to ensure everyone gets the support and attention required. Therefore, places are limited, so be sure to book early.
Can I use the workbook to start another business?
Yes, if you complete the workshop, you are welcome to use the materials to start as many businesses as you like. However, you are not allowed to share the materials with other people who have not paid to participate in the workshop.
What happens if I miss a session?
Unfortunately, if you miss a session you will miss out on the conversation that takes place. You will still have access to the workbook information. There will not be ‘make-up’ sessions offered. If you know in advance that you are not going to be able to make a session in person, there may be an opportunity for the session to be recorded (for you to view later), however sufficient notice will be required to allow for the technology to be set up prior to the start of that days sessions.
Are meals included in the cost?
Meals are NOT provided during the workshop. However, you are welcome to bring your own food for consumption during or prior to the workshop. Several cafes are located in easy walking distance.
Contact Joy Taylor on 0407 584 987 or firstname.lastname@example.org